Hello everyone, It's me Mike Lewis aka the JesusPainter . This is a place to talk about worship / ministry through the visual arts. Feel free to contribute.

Sunday, October 30, 2005

Youth Specialties


I hear at least twice a week "I think I saw you at a YS convention". This is probably because I have performed at about 23 of them (I lost track). YS has been great to me year after year and I have been invited again this year. The first two conventions Sac and Pitt are already over. Nashville is right around the corner Nov 17 and I am hoping that I get to bump into a few of my college buddies while I am there. I will probably be painting with the David Crowder Band while I am there. I will be on the main stage friday night. Usually they put up with either Crowder, Chris Tomlin, Matt Redman, or someone like that. Anyway... If any one is reading this and your going to be in Nashville be sure to say hi, I will be hanging out at the late night option until pretty late.

YS Website: http://www.youthspecialties.com/

If you saw me at a YS convention feel free to comment about it below.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

We'll stop by to say "Hi" in Nashville. BTW, we used your Ignitor video clip with Third Day's "Cry Out to Jesus" as the soundtrack for a service of remembrance with our youth last night. It was REALLY powerful.

Thanks for your ministry

9:39 PM

 
Blogger Emily said...

It was great seeing you at Youth Specialties in Nashville. It was my first NYWC and it was amazing. I wanted to come see the late night option, but I couldn't get any of my friends to go with me and wasn't about to traipse around Nashville alone at night trying to find the place where you were painting. You've got an amazing ministry going. We've got an "Intimate Portrait" hanging in my office and I sit and look at it everyday. It's pretty powerful when I come in early in the morning and the lights are off except for a little spotlight right on the painting, the only thing you can see in the darkness of the room. You painted at an event (Blown Away Youth Leadership Summit) held by my bosses at my school (Blue Mountain Academy in Hamburg, PA). It was an honor for us to have you and all the other speakers/performers there. I worked the whole weekend, and was a little stressed, but seeing the paintings totally calmed me down and drew me to Jesus. I forgot all about whether or not everything was stocked in our little "green room", or whatever. Seeing you paint for the first time was a great experience, and I still enjoy it every time I see you work. I have the CD that you painted to, someone found when we cleaned up from that event. I listen to it all the time. great mix. anyways... hope God continues to bless your family and your ministry.

-Emily Carlson

7:49 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home